Get creative with your interior décor and light up your home with dazzling neon-effect signs! Our ConnectPro cut to length rope light and Colour Select lights aren’t only versatile and robust, but they’re also perfect for injecting a little personality across your home.
Typically, you’d see rope light lining steps or used as uplighting around the home, but as the neon light trend isn’t set to die down any time soon, we say why stop there? It’s time to embrace the colour and admire a burst of neon around your home.
We’ve created this cheeky, playful colour changing sign using our ConnectPro Colour Select rope light – perfect for lighting up a playroom or your child’s bedroom.
Watch our YouTube video below to find out how we did it and get the look.
Things You’ll Need:
- Wire wall grid.
- 2m of either our ConnectPro cut to length LED rope light or our ConnectPro Colour Select rope light. (In this DIY, we used our Colour Select rope light with starter cable and colour changing remote).
- Large piece of cardboard.
- Cable ties.
- Decide on the word or pattern that you want to display in lights. TOP TIP – Once you’ve made up your mind, write the word out on a large piece of cardboard. This will act as a guide for you when you’re positioning your lights.
- Start bending your rope light back and forth to make it more pliable and easier to manoeuvre. TOP TIP – Slight heat the rope light with a small heater to make it easier to bend.
- Now’s the time to get creative. You’re going to want to start the beginning of your word with the connector end of the rope light attached to the plug. Start at the bottom left corner and secure this in place with a cable tie.
- Follow your guide to and continue to secure your rope light into place with a cable tie as you go, this will help keep the shape of your letters. Don’t be afraid of using too many cable ties, these won’t be noticeable at the end.
- As your word is written in cursive, you may find that there are times when the rope light has to cross over itself. If your cable ties are struggling to fit over the double rope light, simply attach two together and this will easily secure the light in place.
- Once you’ve written your word, secure the end cap into place before going along and cutting all the excess ends off the cable ties.
- Simply hang up your wire wall grid and plug in your masterpiece. If you’re using our ConnectPro Colour Select rope lights, now’s the perfect time to experiment and cycle through the 8 different colour modes.
Let us know how you get on in the comment sections below or share your creations with us over on Twitter and Instagram – be sure to use the hashtag #SharetheJoy, and we’ll share our favourites! For more neon inspiration, check out our heart neon sign and cactus neon sign using our ConnectPro Neon Flex.