Twinkly Basic Setup
How to set up your Twinkly lights
Twinkly smart lighting products have now been on the market for several years, with the technology now familiar to many. For those of you experiencing Twinkly for the first time though, the initial setup can be a little daunting. The process itself is simple though and we've created this step-by-step video to guide you through the process.
Step-by-step: How to set up Twinkly lights
- Install the lights in your chosen location, trying to ensure that the connection for the plug is close to your power source
- Connect the lights to the plug and then plug this into the mains socket
- Search for and download the Twinkly app (available on App Store and Google Play Store)
- Open the app and sign up/login
- Identify and select the correct generation of Twinkly lights
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled on your device and allow the app access to it
- Locate the Twinkly lights controller and press and hold the button - the app should then connect to the lights
- Select 'local' (recommended) or 'internal' WiFi. If you have multiple sets of Twinkly you can only use the 'local' option
- Follow the process for mapping your lights (see our guide to mapping your Twinkly lights)
Frequently asked questions
Q: What do I do if my Twinkly lights won't connect?
A: Please visit our Twinkly troubleshooting page here for solutions for this, and other common issues.