No matter what the latest Christmas trend is, year on year you will struggle to see a Christmas tree that isn’t adorned with glistening baubles. Whether they’re novelty or subtle, sparkling or natural, baubles have been a part of our festive traditions for generations. So, why not take the time to create your very own bauble centerpiece?
Some may not think of baubles as the focal point of a Christmas centerpiece, but we’re here to show you how to bring this accessible accessory front and center for your Christmas dinner table, mantelpiece, or window.
This year, we’re shining a spotlight on All that Glistens – raising a glass to the glitz and glamour of Christmas. Lavish metallics and elegant, pristine décor is set to be a huge trend in 2023, with high-end yet traditional styling being the overall goal.
We’ve created this super simple yet stylish bauble-inspired centerpiece perfect for Christmas day by using a selection of our golden matte, shiny and glittery decorations, and DIY-favourite wire fairy lights.
Things you’ll need to create your bauble centerpiece:
- A freestanding wooden wreath hoop (we found this one from Hobbycraft).
- Our elegant warm white firefly wire battery lights.
- A selection of gold baubles (we used our very own shiny, matte and glittered baubles for a variation of style).
- A selection of Christmas bows and ribbon.
- Christmas foliage.
- Glittery Christmas decorations (we used these mini Christmas trees from Amazon and a selection of pinecones).
- Hot glue gun.
1.Before you begin, take time to test that your battery lights are working correctly.
2. Then, secure the battery pack into place on the base of the wreath with the hot glue gun. We’d recommend gluing the edge of the battery pack, ensuring that the buttons and switches are facing you.
3. After this, wrap the wire fairy lights loosely around the wreath. Once fully wrapped, make any adjustments needed so that the lights are evenly distributed before securing the end of the wire into place with a small dab of hot glue.
4. Now, It’s time for the fun part – to start decorating your wreath! We’d recommend that you decorate the opposite side that the battery pack is on. Start with the largest size in the center first, working your way up to the halfway mark of the right-hand side and partially up the left. TOP TIP – Remove the caps off each bauble before you begin and glue them onto the hoop so that the end cannot be seen.
5. Fill in the spaces with smaller sized baubles, alternating in colour and size. Try securing these in place in front of and behind the larger baubles to build depth.
6. Once you’re happy with the overall look of your wreath, start filling any gaps with glistening decorations such as pinecones, golden foliage, and miniature decorations. TOP TIP – If you can still see some of the battery pack from the front of your frame, use your decorating skills to cover it.
7. Finish the wreath off with a decorative bow, securing it into place with a small amount of hot glue.
8. Finally, position your beautiful, glistening wreath front and center of your table setting. Flick on the switch and enjoy your handy work.