Create your own homely Christmas Bauble Frame
The tradition of adorning our Christmas trees with dainty baubles originates from the Roman era when people used to hang fruit on trees. This tradition (like many others) developed over time and transitioned into the Christmas staple that we all know and love today.
Nowadays, you’ll rarely see a Christmas tree without these glistening beauties hanging proudly from its branches, but why let the festive cheer stop there?
Bring the traditional bauble front and center with this super easy bauble photo frame DIY using our favourite DIY staple, Firefly Wire Fairy Lights. Watch our YouTube video below to get the look.
Thing’s You’ll Need:
- A photo frame (we used this one from Amazon and removed the back)
- Battery powered warm white Fairy Lights (we used our dazzling Firefly Wire Fairy Lights)
- Christmas baubles.
- Small gold bows (this pack of 12 comes with self-adhesive tape to make for easy decorating)
- Christmas ribbon
- Christmas foliage
- Hot glue gun
- The first step is easy; simply remove the backing from your photo frame and discard.
- Next, secure the battery pack to the back of your frame using the hot glue gun to keep it in place. We’d recommend gluing this to the top of the frame, ensuring that the buttons and switches are facing you.
- Once the battery pack is in place, start to wrap the lights around the frame. Once fully wrapped, make any adjustments needed so that your lights are evenly distributed around the frame.
- Measure the string to the length that you would like the baubles to dangle, starting at the top of your frame. TOP TIP – Use your frame as a guide to ensure that the baubles won’t dangle too low. For extra security, double the length of the string before cutting.
- Remove any string or hanging hoops from your baubles, and thread the newly cut string through the top of the bauble. Tie the ends of the string together and glue this to the back of the battery pack.
- Repeat this process until all three baubles are secured to the frame.
- Secure the smaller gold bow to the top of each bauble.
- It’s time to make your frame your own. Turn the frame back over and start to decorate the front. We opted to adorn our frame with festive foliage and a traditional Christmas bow. TOP TIP – If you can still see some of the battery pack from the front of your frame, use your decorating skills to cover it.
- Finally, add a string or hook to the back of your frame to hang your decoration.
If you love this DIY and have given it a go, why not let us know in the comment section, or share your creations with us on Twitter and Instagram. Be sure to use the hashtag #ShareTheJoy – and we’ll share our favourites!
For more lighting and DIY inspirations, find us over on Pinterest!