DIY Light Up Flower Wall 🌸
This light up flower wall is perfect for an extra touch of stylish summer home décor. Not only does it look fabulous, it also adds an ambient glow to wherever you place it.
This DIY makes the perfect décor for baby showers, weddings or simply for adding extra glamour to a summer garden party! If you choose to use a curtain from a connectable range, you could connect multiple sets and create an LED flower wall on a larger scale. The placement of your light up flower wall will depend on if you choose an indoor or an outdoor curtain light.
If you want to know how we created this gorgeous light up flower wall, then watch our video below! You can find all the details on what you need, along with a handy step-by-step guide, below the video.
You will need:
- An LED curtain light – you could use a firefly wire curtain or a string curtain light, whichever you prefer (always make sure to check if the item is suitable for outdoor use, if this is where you intend to use it)
- A glue gun and glue sticks
- Artificial flowers
- Firstly, decide on which style of curtain light you will be using, then prep the strings and unravel them from the packaging
- Then, you will need to prepare the flowers and foliage. We have used a variation of different artificial flowers and leaves
- Using the glue gun, carefully attach the flowers and foliage to the curtain strings. Be careful not to cover the LEDs with glue or flowers as this will dim the appearance of the lights and make the overall appearance look uneven
- Then, you’re done! It’s time to hang your masterpiece. You could also accessorise it further with diamante, ribbon, or flower garlands – the options are endless!
TOP TIP: Try and keep the base of the flower heads attached when prepping them, to make it easier for you to glue to the curtain light.
Flower walls are so on-trend, and by making your own this means you have the option to fully customise it. You could match the colour scheme of the flowers to your home décor, or you could add jewels and glitter to create a Gatsby-esque party show-stopper.
If you’ve tried this DIY, then let us know in the comments section, and don’t forget to share your images on Twitter or tag us on Instagram, making sure you use our hashtag #ShareTheJoy – and we’ll share our favourites!
For more home lighting inspiration, and other DIYs, find us over on Pinterest!