As autumn and winter are drawing closer and the weather is beginning to change, we thought it would only be right to create our very own autumn styling look book! We’ve encompassed all the trends we’re expecting to see over the coming months to give you some serious inspo; it’s time to start making the most of our indoor spaces!
In this video, we show you how to style your home with simple tips and tricks to get those #AutumnVibes on point! We’ve used a few varieties of lighting, accessories and finishing touches to create this cosy living space! Watch the video below and keep reading to find out more:
- First, we added the 1m x 1m copper wire curtain in the fireplace. We had already chopped logs and stacked those into the fireplace for a natural texture and earthy accent. Copper is so on trend this year!
- Accessorise around the hearth with candles, leaves, wire baskets. Natural items like leaves and pine cones add earthy textures and colours.
- Beside the fireplace we added a glass jar filled with foraged leaves and added our twig lights alongside a reed we’d picked earlier in the day!
- Then it’s #Shelfie time!
- Following the theme of “bring the woodlands indoors”, we added a stag’s head to the chimney breast, with lanterns on the mantelpiece for a cosy log cabin feel.
- Add some extra final touches such as mirrors and ornaments, we even added in a light up letter! Then finished off with a cow hide rug.
A key element we’ve seen trending for autumn this year is the idea of ‘bringing the woodlands indoors’, and a ‘cosy cottage retreat’, predominantly styled using intense hues taken from nature, such as berries, bark and bramble. This use of natural textures is all over Pinterest, we’ve seen stacked logs in fireplaces mixed with hessian textures or faux fur rugs. The trend is all about hibernating, and creating a happy home in which to do so, whilst capturing the shift in seasons and the changing colours of the landscape.
The Dulux Colour of the Year 2019 has recently been revealed as ‘Spiced Honey’, a warming shade that falls somewhere between caramel and earthy brown. The pallet from which this colour comes has a range of earthy pinks and matte coppers, perfect for an autumnal makeover, so you’ll see these colours referenced throughout our video, in everything from the copper accessories to the colour of the chimney breast!
Combining different lights and accessories through the full height of the room, making use of the vertical space with shelving, makes any room look fabulous. In this video we’ve used a selection of our lights to really bring warmth into the space, ranging from our 1m x 1m copper wire curtain for the fireplace, through to our battery flickering candles, which give a real flame effect with none of the mess or fire hazard!
We hope this has inspired you, and if you have recreated this look or have a cosy autumn vibe of your own, then let us know in the comments section, and don’t forget to share your images on Twitter or tag us on Instagram Instagram, making sure you use the hashtag #myfestivelights, and we’ll share our favourites!